Thursday, August 17, 2023

[1011] Adulting is Hard

Confessions of a guy entering his mid-40s.

Adulting is hard. Am I only figuring that out now, or am I just starting to realize that because I've decided to start taking on more and more responsibilities. If it's the latter why only now? These are things I will not be revealing in public anytime soon.

Anyway adulting. It seems like I can't have one problem free day. And not the minor problem but problems that need time and money to address. I guess that's a fact of life.

So now the question is, "How do I tackle these problems?" I'm still reacting too quick emotionally and getting pissed when things don't go my way, when I should have accepted decades ago that things almost never always go your way and that that is just normal. Don't get me wrong, I do love the feeling of satisfaction when we get a problem solved.

What's frustrating is the recurring problems. I know it's wrong for me to wonder why those problems happen to me and not to other people when they probably experience problems worse than mine. I guess that's just the "inggitero" (or envious? jealous? google translate says inggitero in English is indigestion but that's just wrong) in me.

So what am I saying? Well I guess that as life goes on I need to stay strong, fight the negative thoughts in my head, and just keep soldiering on.

Out.