Wednesday, November 16, 2022

[952] Full Hydraulic Disk Brakes for My Bike?

I recently found out that L-TWOO will be releasing a hydraulic brake groupset for road/gravel bikes. There will be a 1x groupset and it will be relatively cheaper than groupsets from more well-known brands that also offer hydraulic brake groupsets.

Now I know I've blogged before about L-TWOO and how curious I am about their road bike shifters since they're similar to how Campagnolo shifters work, and the fact that most, if not all, brifters in the four seasons of Yowamushi Pedal anime all had similar shifters. Quick summary, a lever behind the brake lever is used to shift to a bigger gear and a thumb lever is used to shift to a lower gear.

Now I've heard some complaints about L-TWOO's system since they say it's a bit of a challenge to shift to smaller gears when you're in the drops, specially if you have small hands. Well, I have small hands and I am a bit concerned about this since I do occasionally use the drops on my gravel bike.

I also wrote before about how I'm already happy with my Sensah SRX Pro brifters. However if this gives me a chance to upgrade my brakes to full hydraulic then I am really interested in a potential change of groupsets in the future. I must admit the braking power on my bike has improved a lot and I'm still using my hybrid cable-pulled hydraulic calipers. I've read so many interesting things about full hydraulic brakes that I'm really curious about it.

It will also be a great chance to change components in my bike. In the event I do save up and change groupsets I'll probably get an 11-42 cassette, adapters for flat mount brake calipers, and better brake rotors. Then my next problem would be what to do with my older components.

Out.