Tuesday, November 15, 2022

[951] A New Computer

I've been saying I need a new computer since 2019, and up to now I still haven't bought one. I've always been "waiting since there's a new processor/GPU coming out so current prices will drop or I can get the latest parts."

Problem is up to now a) I can't decide whether I would rather go back to a desktop computer or stay with a laptop, b) I really hate spending big amounts of money, and c) every time I plan on buying something new comes out.

Problem a isn't really an issue since it looks like I'll be sticking to laptops, probably just upgrade the RAM and storage when I buy a laptop. I definitely need those to help with what I do, and as an added bonus it'll hopefully help run the games I like a lot faster.

I originally had a laptop I was going to buy a few months ago, it was reasonably priced but I kept holding back. Now it's sold out and a similar laptop with similar specs is available but it's around PhP10,000.00 more expensive. That price difference could have been the RAM upgrade.

So now I'm again waiting in case they stock up on that laptop again, or I can just buy the more expensive laptop and bite the added cost. Or most likely I'll still not buy anything and make do with my five-year old laptop. Sadly this last option is slowly becoming less and less possible each day. My system drive is almost full and I don't think it's worth it to invest in a new M.2 SSD and clone the old one considering how old my laptop is. We shall see instead.

Out.