Sunday, November 13, 2022

[950] Car Stuff

I just realized that most of the posts I wrote here about what I would do if I could own a classic VW Beetle or Super Beetle could also be applied should I manage to buy a second-hand modern car.

Of course I would do all the due diligence before purchasing it, but I'd still probably bring it to a trusted car shop just to give it yet another go over, maybe give it preventive maintenance service just in case the fluids have been staying too long in whatever car that is. I'd also have them check for any possible rust spots and check the brake pads, rotors, and drums.

After that the next thing would be upgrades, starting with an Android/CarPlay ready head unit and hopefully a reverse camera and a dash cam. I'd rather have the ability to sync my phone to the head unit in case I need to use a navigation app. Speakers are optional.

Rims and tires would be next. I'd still keep it with the stock specifications but I'd definitely try to upgrade the tires. I'd also upgrade the brake pads and rotors.

Then I'd probably add some window tint. Nothing too dark, just a nice almost clear layer to reduce UV heat coming in to the car. I'd also add rain visors to the windows because you never know when you might need to leave the window open a small bit.

Finally, and this is a total luxury mod, a roof rail system so I can add a cargo basket and/or  a bike carrier on the roof.

Out.