Thursday, October 24, 2013

105/365 - Cleaning

105/365 - Cleaning
Those white lines? Cif Cream.
As I was cleaning the dishes this morning I smelled something bad near the sink. It was horrible, sort of like the smell of piss combined with sweat, combined with funk, combined with rotting whatever.

It took me a while to find the source of the smell, but I found it. And was I grossed out after. I immediately started removing stuff from the kitchen counter and sorting things out. I started cleaning the counter and whatever items needed cleaning. There were lots of funk, and the counter had not been cleaned in years.

The ironic part is that we had recently let our household help go due to some internal issues. The whole time she was here she never bothered to clean the entire counter. She only cleaned the parts that were visible. Those that were under or behind the dish rack, knife holders, or oven toaster she ignored. So I discovered all sorts of nasty stuff.

Good thing I cleaned it with help from my daughter's yaya. The smell is gone and the kitchen counter is cleaner than ever.

Out.