Saturday, March 30, 2013

2006 Ilocos Pictures

These pics were taken during a road trip to Ilocos Norte. I was using my Canon EOS 66 film camera and if I recall correctly I was using Fuji Velvia film. I had it cross-processed afterwards.

This first photo is one of my best shots ever. While on a tripod I left the shutter open for a minute or two during midnight. The bright, saturated lighting was because there were occasional flashes of lightning over the horizon.
Midnight in Pagudpud

This next shot was taken with a long shutter speed to capture the movement of the water as it crashes on the rocks.

Crashing Waves

This is a picture of a salt "farm" in Ilocos. This is the place where they turn sea water to salt.

Salt "Farm"

And finally, this is a photo of the lighthouse in Bangui.

Bangui Lighthouse


Some of you may be wondering why I posted these pictures after such a long time. Well, I wanted to see how far I had progressed in my photography skills. I have to say, I took better photos when I was using film than when I switched to a DSLR, and now that I'm using a Panasonic LX7. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I had to be careful with what I took since I had a limited amount of shots.

Actually, my composition skills have gotten better. Guess it's time to dust off my old film SLR and start taking film shots again.

Out.