Friday, November 18, 2011

NBA 2K12 My Player

So I do play NBA 2K12 My Player mode. I must say in some aspects it is way better than NBA 2K11's My Player mode. But there are some lacking aspects also.


My current My Player is a 6' 9" 215lbs small forward with a point forward play style. Why point forward? Well, getting a point forward gave me better ball handling. Something I rely on in My Player. The scoring aspects I could get through the skill points, but to save enough skill points to increase the ball handling abilities? That's a bit too hard.


Not totally, I guess. I have saved and used around 20k skill points to buy two abilities - post up spin move and pull-up jumpers. But as of now I've decided to focus on my attributes. I'm currently increasing inside scoring, close range scoring, and layups. I don't want to create a dunker (yet - maybe next season). I want to create a silky-smooth, all-around small forward. A la Lamar Odom.


In fact, my current My Player is loosely based on Odom. They're both tall (he's taller by an inch), both left-handed, both possessing an all-around game that you rarely see for someone their size.


Do I enjoying playing? Yes. More often than not I enjoy playing the game. The rest of the time I get too pissed off because of the AI. Oh Well.


You know what's the problem? I'm playing for the Wolves now. I asked to be traded there from the Sixers (long story). We have a hard time winning. I have no idea if it's because of the AI, or if it's because of my teammates.


My officemate gave me the officemate theory. Which sounds sort of true. We have no go-to clutch guy, and I end up filling that role. I don't like it since even in real life when I play basketball I enjoy being more of a facilitator than a scorer.


My officemate got lucky. He got drafted by the Mavs, who has Dirk Nowitzki. So they have no problem winning.


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)