Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Fantasy Basketball

It's like this. Every year my high school classmates and I compete in fantasy basketball. Most recently we used the services of NBA.com's Ultimate Fantasy Commissioner.

Now I usually end up losing fantasy leagues as I always pick my favorite players. During the 2006-2007 season I ended up making the playoffs because I got Kobe Bryant (by luck) and Al Jefferson, who turned into a beast during that season.

This year? My first round pick was Agent Zero, Gilbert Arenas. During the 06-07 season Gil was phenomenal, ranking in the top five (I think) in scoring. So I was happy to get him. Here was a guy who was consistent and could help me win games. Then what happens?

Gil shuts it down to get surgery on his knee, which as it turns out isn't as all right as I was hoping it to be.

I'm not hating on Gil, in fact I wish him the speediest and best recovery so he can come back better. I'm just saying it sucks that now I have no go-to guy on my team. I'm losing in almost every category. I have some players who come up with some spectacular games, but they aren't as consistent as Agent Zero.

I have Joe Johnson, Tony Parker, Stephen Jackson, and Andrei Kirilenko. To name a few. And they aren't as consistent as I need them to win.

So now I'm at the bottom of my league. Whoop-de-doo.

Oh well.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)