Monday, August 22, 2005

Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath

It all began Saturday.

What was supposed to be a regular weekend turned to one of the worst, then best, Saturdays of my life.

First the Mazda's battery dies. The car gets stranded over at the weekend market. Fortunately I was not that stressed out because I manage to borrow jumper cables from my uncle. So I drive over to the Mazda with our driver to jump start it. No dice. Jumper cables too corroded. So we had to fix the cables. During that time I get into a nasty argument with Maica. Nice. Perfect. Just what I needed.

Mazda starts. Bring it home. Use Lite Ace to go to Merville to pick up Maica. On the way the Lite Ace's heat spikes. Doesn't overheat. Spikes. Bad. At Maica's place we fill the Lite Ace up with water, AND discover that the radiator hose is leaking. Fine. No aircon. No spike. Fine.

We get the battery. We go home. A new radiator hose is bought.

Afternoon. We take Maica home using the Mazda. Nope. Now the revs are dropping to near zero when the tranny is on drive. Shit. Take the Lite Ace out. No problemo. Take Maica home, pick up the food, go home. All's well.

Dinner. We go to the house of one of my folks' ninong and ninang during their wedding. Friends from long ago. Nice to see them, felt great to just witness the friendship among all of them (other friends, neighbors from Malabon) and their reminiscing. Problem forgotten.

Sunday. Things were fine.

Monday. Rode with my mom to work on the Lite Ace. No gas, go to C5 Shell to gas up. Mom annoyed. Car should always have gas. Never fill up with her in it. We leave gas station. Heat spikes. Again. What the f*ck? Stress levels increase. You can cut the tension with a knife. Bloody hell. I thought the car was fine already. Now this, again? Shit.

What a perfect start to a Monday.

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)