Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Quest for a Ford GT

I recently had my PS2 re-modified with the new Messiah 2 chip so that it would be able to read the latest pirated DVD9 games. Why would I want to do that? Simple. GT4.

For the past few months all I've seen is the intro to this fabulous game. And when it finally came out I instantly bought a copy. Sadly my PS2 couldn't play it since it was a DVD9.

Finally after all these months I got around to modding my PS2. Finally it works. And boy is that game great. So far.

What's so great about GT4 is that the physics seem better. The car handles better than in GT3. I'm still not as fast as my mentor and I doubt I will be, but at least now I'm driving a lot smoother than before. I don't know if its because of the game or whatever.

Another great thing about it is that you can import your licenses from GT3. I chose not to do this, and despite the fact that license tests are tedious they let me get a feel for the game. Plus if you get a license you get a car. Of course, the better cars only become available if you get all gold or all silver.

Plus you can also import up to 100,000 credits from GT3. This is the feature I used. So I had 110,000 credits to start. Plus I sold the car I got from my B license test. Then I bought a used Nissan Skyline R32 (The used cars are also back, another welcome addition) but I forgot its actual designation. I spent around 20k for the car and another 40k for brakes, brake balance controller, suspensions and exhausts. No turbos yet. You see, I'm on a mission.

The Ford GT is available in GT4. It can be bought. Not won, like in GT3. It costs 149k++ but thanks to the feature above it hopefully won't take me as long to acquire it. The GT40 is also available but it can only be won. There's also this souped up GT which you can see in the opening credits. I guess you also have to win that. But one step at a time.

See, here's my plan. I'll try to win as many races as I can with my Skyline without having to upgrade it. So all I need is roughly 100k more to get a GT. Then I can get on with the game.

Unfortunately my GT4 has a problem. The Sunday cup races won't load. So I'm off to the mall to buy me another copy. Can't exchange it since games bought from that store can only be exchanged up to two days after one buys it. Sad. Oh well.

So far my car's been competing in the 4WD races and the 90s Cars Cup. If I win them both I don't think I'd have enough money yet. I'll see. I'm not even sure about selling cars that I win because some of them might turn out to be excellent cars. Its just that right now I choose to be blinded by the Ford GT.

I wonder what color I'll pick...

Out.

1 comment:

  1. So so tempting... Must. Resist.

    You should see NFS Rivals for the PSP Ü

    Kelan kaya lalabas ang PS3...? Hehe...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)