Wednesday, October 02, 2024

[1099] Crazy Restomod Idea

So I've blogged a couple of times already about how I would love to restomod a classic VW Beetle. Well, this post won't be about a classic Beetle.

I got this idea recently when my mind was once again wandering and I was daydreaming of crazy car builds. So here's my idea.

I'll buy an old, locally sold Suzuki Super Carry minivan. The one sold here locally, based on a really quick Wikipedia search, was the eight generation. This guarantees that the base is indeed built for left-hand drive countries.

Here's where it gets fun. I then get one of those Japan surplus Suzuki Every van. As is. Then I have the experts strip everything and transplant it to the local Suzuki Carry. I'm not sure what can and can't be transferred, but hopefully the engine, transmission, drivetrain, and brakes can be transferred.

The wiring harness I'm not so sure if it can be transferred, but if it can hopefully it'll be wired for left-hand drive steering wheels where the wipers are on the right stalk and the light controls are on the left stalk. That's it.

Seats front and rear can be refurbished and improved from whatever seats are available and comfortable. Interior sounds should be the latest Android Auto and Apple Car Play ready head units with good quality speakers. Maybe even a nice amp if it can fit somewhere.

All the lights, both interior and exterior, should ideally be LED already and bright but not blinding for the headlights. Ideally add a bull bar in front so I can also have some fog lamps installed.

As for the rear, definitely adding a rear LED chase light bar on top of the rear hatch, hopefully having a custom built JDM looking spoiler on top of that. We can also probably add a step-ladded to climb up the roof, where a roof rack will also be installed.

Basically I just want an old Suzuki Carry with modern stuff so it won't be underpowered and hopefully be road trip ready.

Out.