Wednesday, October 09, 2024

[1101] Exercise

So I think it was a youtube video I watched where they said if you weren't feeling sore then your workout wasn't really gaining anything from your workouts. And honestly I've felt that way about almost any of my exercises since when I'm done I don't feel sore or anything.

It can be frustrating at times but then I need to remember what my goal is with my exercise, which is to hopefully maintain my fitness level and improve it a bit so I can have a nice health span.

Lately though I have been feeling sore. My hamstring and glute is sore, and I have no idea if it was because of the intermittent jog I did or the kettlebell complexes I do. Maybe it's a combination of both.

All I know is I've decided to bring back my reps in my kettlebell complex to 5 per exercise but I need to do at least four sets per workout. Movements should be slow and controlled and none of the explosive movements.

Then I did a 3km jog, and that's when I felt my right hamstring get sore, as well as my right glute.

Hopefully that just means the body parts are getting stronger.

Out.