Sunday, October 13, 2024

[1102] Kitchen Appliances

I'd like to make a list of kitchen appliances I'd love to have. I most likely will not give a brand since I have no idea what brands are good, so if I do share links it will be because I'm showing you what the appliance looks like. So here we go, in no particular order.

  • A rice cooker. I'd love to own one of those high tech rice cookers, but even the most basic rice cooker can do a lot of things aside from cooking rice. You can steam in them and you can cook those rice cooker meals that became famous in different social media channels.
  • An air fryer/oven combo. I am now an air fryer believer. I've eaten different food cooked in an air fryer and if it is indeed a healthier option then I am all for it. Plus having it be a combination oven then even better because you can toast bread, bake cakes, and do other things with this appliance. I can even make sandwiches here instead of using a panini press grill.
  • A single induction cooker. Combine this with the two appliances I wrote above and you have a pretty good set of cooking appliances. This can be used for other things you can't cook in the rice cooker nor the air fryer. Make soups, stews, and fry stuff that will taste even better fried in oil.
  • A microwave oven. Here's my grand vision: meal prep food every Sunday using all the appliances above. Store them in individual plastic containers and keep them in the freezer. Reheat with the microwave oven. So basically the microwave will serve as a defroster and a re-heater.
  • A blender. I think this is more needed than a food processor since you can make shakes and smoothies with this. Yes you won't be able to mince and julienne ingredients with this but at least you can make shakes and smoothies.
And those are, so far, the kitchen appliances I would love to have.

Out.