Sunday, June 23, 2024

[1077] Altamare

Last week, from June 18 to 21, I went back to Altamare Dive and Leisure Resort in Batangas. It was yet again a company outing, planning, and evaluation trip. This time though it was more work and less play / bonding.

I'm done with my evals and now have a renewed set of goals and motivations moving forward. It will be an interesting time moving forward as I continue to try to grow and stay humble as a human being.

Now back to Altamare. The place is great, if I'm being honest. It's not for families with people who will struggle climbing up and down a looooong flight of stairs. Think seven or eight stories worth of stairs. They do offer a boat to bring you to the beach, but that is an added charge and pretty expensive coming from me. You park in their parking area and their van will take you and the other people who will ride the boat to a dock somewhere where you get on the boat and get brought into the shores in front of Altamare.

The place is nice, the rooms have AC and heated water. And of course, towels. That's all I need. The TV and satellite cable are pluses that I actually used during this trip. I spent a lot of time alone in the room to nap and enjoy the AC.

The food is still excellent, exactly as I remembered it. This time around I ordered their famous Beef Tapa for breakfast everyday, just because I tried their other offerings and decided beef tapa was the best. For other meals we got served morning and afternoon snacks aside from lunch and dinner. These were buffet style and still awesome. Hopefully I was able to control my intake of food and not increase my weight too much.

So the big question and finale, would I go to Altamare with my wife and daughter? Sure, if they're willing to take the stairs down and up. I can see ourselves spending maybe 3 days and 2 nights there just to have a nice staycation.

Out.