Monday, June 17, 2024

[1076] The 2001 Rav4

The check engine light has been on, and the engine has been shuddering. The shop we send it to for servicing couldn't scan the OBD II port. We've decided not to use it until we can figure out what's wrong.

I asked my mom to buy an OBD II scanner from Amazon that I read about from a post in Rav4World. I am hoping that the scanner and whatever OBD app I'll get from Google Play Store will let me scan the Rav4. Then I can have the shop address whatever issue/s is/are found in our go to shop.

I'm sort of bummed out because while I'm doing my best to take care of the Rav4, it's also a 23-year old car already. Since this car is already relatively high tech with an ECU and sensors it's not an easy diagnosis, nor is it something my dad and I can guess at.

I want to have the Rav4 repaired and running, in the event that we choose to sell it we don't have to give a major discount because of the issues. If we choose to keep it a bit longer at least I know it will be reliable and keep running, despite not having great fuel consumption.

Out.