Thursday, February 29, 2024

[1052] Leap Year Post

This will only happen once every four years, and I have no idea if this blog or myself will still be around in four years so let's do a random blog post on this day, the 29th of February. These are the hot topics in my head as of this moment, either because I'm talking about it with my friends or because I've been reading about it online.

  • The Fujifilm X100VI that costs over PhP100k as a pre-order locally. I've been getting the photography itch lately and to be honest these high end P&S cameras are really something that might fit my needs. It's either that or a cheaper mirrorless camera body with a decent, all-around lens. Not that I have any money at the moment.
  • Doozy UI for Unity. I've been tasked with helping out different art teams and so I'm trying to learn a few things about this to help our UI/UX artist to animate. It's pretty challenging because the only videos on youtube are from the actual team and the way they present isn't for me. I'm more a Brackey's guy with how he presents stuff. Also the online documentation isn't the same as the one I'm using in our version of Unity. Still, a fun challenge.
  • Sensah SRX Pro 1x11 hydraulic brifters. It's relatively expensive for me, and I'm not really sure if it's worth replacing my brifters just to get hydraulic brakes or just get some Juin Tech R1 post mount hybrid calipers. I'm using some "cheap" hybrid calipers but I've read great things about Juin Tech, specifically that they're almost similar to Yokozuna brakes if not rebrands.
  • Speaking of bicycles, I've been torn between going 1x or 2x and my last crazy idea was to get a 2x 10-speed Microshift sword with a 46/29T chainring and 11-34T cassette. This would go hand-in-hand with the Juin Tech brake caliper upgrade.
  • I'm still torn between a heavily customized Japan surplus DA17V and a locally sold second-hand car. Not that I can afford either but both have pros and cons. What I can agree on is that both options should have great fuel economy, like 8 to 9 km/L consumption in city driving with heavy traffic and three to four passengers with cargo.
  • I'm also starting to get curious about the hybrid and EV cars being sold here locally. The Toyota Yaris Cross HEV and the Jetour Ice Cream, to be more specific. The former is more expensive but is also more versatile, while the latter wouldn't work if you lived in a condominium where finding a power outlet would be a challenge.
Those are the things on my mind (that I don't mind blogging about, obviously). I do have more personal stuff I'd rather not let you know.

Out.