Monday, February 19, 2024

[1050] Training Thoughts

I've been walking around 5am or so everyday since I can't remember anymore. Definitely early 2023. Maybe even 2022.

I think one of the reasons why I started walking earlier was as a "precaution" in case I need to suddenly drive someone to work or school. I wanted to get my walk in. I do remember a time when I would start my morning exercise routine after my wife and daughter left for work/school.

Though now that I'm writing about it, I think I switched to earlier times because my schedule changed from 10am to 6pm to 9am to 5pm. Knowing me and my "addiction" with my computer games I probably wanted more time to play games. It seems legit as well as I usually go straight to my computer, such as I am doing now.

Except today I didn't go out for my morning routine. Let's just say it was a bad day. However while I was bringing the car in to the garage I saw a neighbor wrapping up his morning walk, and he asked me if I was done with my walk. I told him not today, but then it hit me.

Why don't I start my routine again after my wife and daughter leave? There's nothing wrong that, and honestly I could do with less time on my computer.

So tomorrow I will go on my walk when my wife and daughter leave. That will be around 6am, so after getting back, washing my clothes, taking a bath, and having my coffee I should still have around one or so hours before 9am.

This may also give me more time to help my wife prep for the day before they leave. I'll still wake up at 3am to 4am, but rather than focusing on going out I'll make myself useful here.

Basically I'll try to allocate more time to being useful and less time to being "useless."

Out.