Thursday, February 08, 2024

[1048] Bags

I recently had a conversation with a friend of mine about bags. He had a 40L travel bag recommended to him on youtube. He sent me the link and I told him that I had seen a similar video about the same bag a few months ago. The backpack in question? The Tomtoc Navigator-T66 Travel Laptop bag.

It's way cheaper than some of the dream travel backpacks we used to talk about. Way cheaper. One of my dream backpacks was the Goruck GR2 which is five times more expensive. Yes, five times. The Tomtoc is being sold for around USD80.99, while in Goruck's backpack the GR2 is sold for USD405.00 and there you have it.

I'm not sure about the pros and cons of the Tomtoc. All I know is there is a local reseller of Tomtoc, but unfortunately the Navigator-T66 is (as of this writing) sold out. If that is the backpack. They changed the names here, and I have no idea why.

Anyway it's being sold here a bit more expensive than the USD80.99 price but it's still way cheaper than some of the bags I'm looking at locally. Some Timbuk2 and Pacsafe bags here sell for over PhP7000 which is way over USD100.

So I'll be keeping an eye out for this Tomtoc backpack. It seems like a good option for a multi-day travel backpack. Hopefully once I'm done decluttering I hope to have the following lineup of bags:

  • Timbuk2 Rogue 25L backpack for overnighters
  • Pacsafe Metrosafe 300 sling bag for day trips
  • Nike Elite basketball backpack/duffell bag for multi-night trips (this is the bag I'm thinking of replacing with a 40L backpack)
  • A small yellow dry bag I have for beach trips
  • A versatile tote bag for shopping and groceries
  • Whatever laptop bag comes with whatever laptop I'm using at the moment
And I think that's all I need. I have too many bags in my cabinet and I honestly think I should try to sell some of them We'll see.

Out.