Tuesday, February 13, 2024

[1049] Photography

As a quick background I used to consider myself a hobbyist photographer. I even have a DSLR but I'm not really keen on keeping it anymore. It's too bulky for what I would rather own now. I also own a point-and-shoot camera, but it's old and the controls are not as responsive as before.

Anyway I was chatting with a friend of mine who wants to get back to photography as well. As I usually do during chats I suddenly started browsing google for point-and-shoot (let's just call them P&S) cameras and I stumbled upon the Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 II.

Quick edit: Here is the Philippine website of the DC-LX100M2P and this is where I discovered that you can use the control ring on the lens as a manual focus ring. I've watched a youtube review and supposedly the manual focus is slow. That youtube review also had a few complaints about it's dustproofing.

It looks like an older model but I am intrigued by it. The biggest reason is there's supposedly a ring around the lens that you can customize what it controls, and it can supposedly be used as a manual focus ring. This intrigues me since my biggest complaint with my P&S Canon G16 was the lack of a manual focus ring.

As much as I want to get back to photography though, I don't have enough saved to consider getting one. Nor is it a priority to get me a nice P&S camera (or even a mirrorless camera).

Anyway I've come to realize that the Lumix LX100 II is a pretty old model, and I'm too lazy to look for newer alternatives. Plus considering how expensive it is, I'd rather not look. Or maybe I will.

Out.