Friday, September 09, 2022

[937] My Dream House

Let's change gears for a while and discuss my dream house. Ideally this would be built on the lot where I live right now, to replace the current house.

It's a small house, ideally around 60 square meters or so. Around 5 meters wide by 12 meters deep, with a 2.7 meter tall ceiling. It should have two bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms, and a main hall for the kitchen, dining, and common area.

I'm currently a big fan of the Spanish Pueblo Revival style houses, thanks to this old youtube video I watched from Kirsten Dirksen. I'm a big fan of not only the look, but the flat roof with canales (I have no idea if I heard or spelled that correctly) that basically is the rainwater drainage for the roof. Now, why this look?

First of all I would want to have a water tank on the roof, that way in the event that there is little to no water pressure we can use the water tank on the roof and gravity to make sure we have a steady supply of water.

Second, solar power. I would love to have solar panels on the roof of the house that would help lower power consumption. If there is still some space on the roof at least we have a place to hang out.

The only catch about this is I definitely will require railings on the roof to avoid accidents.

Inside I want to keep things simple and practical in design. Both bedrooms will be on opposite ends of the house, with the bathrooms facing the perimeter.

I've been trying to model this in 3D but I keep changing my mind about the layout and the design.

Out.