Monday, July 06, 2020

[850] Birthday Wishlist

As is tradition when my birthday is nearing, I like to write down a wishlist of stuff I wouldn't mind receiving. Because I'm a greedy bastard. So without further bullshitting from me, here are the things I wouldn't mind receiving. And yes, these are all things I doubt anyone would give me.
  • Honda BR-V. Any automatic variant. I know we're still in a quarantine but if things finally get better and people are allowed to travel again, I wouldn't mind driving around in a new family vehicle. BR-V fits the bill since it can seat five to seven people. Seat five and you have generous cargo space in the back.
  • Suzuki Jimny. Another ride? Sure, what would I use when the BR-V is coding? Plus this will be my toy car. I'm getting too old and I've lost my "need for speed" so I don't drive as fast nor do I have any plans of going too fast anymore.
Some of you may be wondering, "What about your dream car, the Volkswagen Beetle?" Good question. While I would love to own that, I'd rather own some really modern, fuel efficient rides with air-conditioning at the moment. Besides, I'm pretty certain maintenance costs for both the BR-V and Jimny will be crazy.
  • A really powerful gaming laptop. Ideally RTX video card, 32gb RAM, 1tb M.2 SSD, 2tb HDD, and the fastest Ryzen processor. I really wanted to build a desktop but prices are skyrocketing because of the pandemic. Lots of people need to build PCs for either working from home or learning from home. So I guess I'll wait until demand goes down before I assemble my own.
  • 24-fret electric guitar with a nice amp, two good cables, and a handful guitar picks. I still have my guitar, I don't know if it still works. Neither do I know if my amp still works. I want to get back to playing the guitar. Find a hobby that doesn't need a computer.
  • Power tool for DIY furniture / car maintenance. I watch too much youtube videos. I enjoy "Get Hands Dirty" and am always inspired to DIY our own furniture here. "Chrisfix" is my go-to channel for car related stuff.
  • New 3-in-1 printer / fax / scanner. One that uses ink bottle refills instead of cartridges. It's just cheaper and with Martina doing learn-from-home I'm guessing she'll be needing to print a lot of stuff now.
And that's it for now. Stuff I would like to have off the top of my head. There are other luxury stuff like mirrorless cameras and the other stuff but these are the ones I really would love to get as gifts. Not that I'll be getting any of these.

Out.