Tuesday, April 14, 2020

[842] My Birthday Wishlist

My fortieth birthday is still a few months away, but seeing as how we're in quarantine and I have a lot of time on my hands I might as well create a wish list of stuff I wouldn't mind receiving as gifts.

  1. Seiko 5 SRPD79K1 or Swatch Irony Night Flight. A luxury item I wish I could own. While I do have a couple of watches already, most of them are digital and more casual looking. Either of these two watches gives me something I can wear for more formal or semi-formal occasions, not that I like going to those things. I'd prefer the former (Seiko 5) over the latter but I really do have an intense liking of chronometer / tachymeter watches.
  2. New rims for the 2001 Toyota Rav4. The rims should match the tire specs of 235/60/R16, with a PCD of 5x114.3 so that means I'd need 16-inch rims. Offset should also match. Basically replace the current rims, that need to be refurbished because they are leaking air, some at a horrible rate than the others. I'm not too particular about rims so I'd be happy with any of these Rota models that have : EG6, Rota Racing, or the D-154. Or if I'd be willing to go with 17-inch rims if I could pick the RKRs only.
  3. New tires for the same Rav4. This is more of a need, since the current tires are relatively old, even if they aren't that worn. I'm actually quite interested in getting a set of Goodyear Wrangler TripleMax tires. I've been hearing good things about this brand, and hopefully they're a lot cheaper than Bridgestone. Other brands I'd consider are Bridgestone, Firestone, and Yokohama Geolandars.
  4. A computer table and shelf combo. I saw the table in Lazada and it looks both practical and space saving. Only concern with this is that there is no space for an extra monitor.
  5. A new laptop. Specifically the ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DV. Best bang for the buck laptop I've seen so far here in the Philippines. Of course, with newer models and competitors coming out soon, I don't mind waiting to see if there will be better options out in the market.
Well, those are some of the things I wouldn't mind receiving as birthday gifts. Though to be honest the tires are something I really need to get. The rest are just wishful thinking.

Out.