Sunday, April 05, 2020

[841] Palm Sunday 2020

It's Palm Sunday today for Roman Catholics. Technically Holy Week starts today and ends on Easter Sunday.

For most Filipinos this also starts an almost week-long holiday. As a nation we have non-working days from Holy Thursday until Black Saturday. A good number of Filipinos usually file their vacation leaves for the whole week.

Because of this current Coronavirus / COVID-19 pandemic we are experiencing, the vacation plans of most people have been changed. I know our plans have changed. One thing is for sure, I will be taking a few days off this coming week to decompress, binge watch show on streaming, and hopefully power through whatever negative energies I've been experiencing.

I know I'm an introvert and I don't like to go out. I also don't like spending too much time in crowded areas just because I feel overwhelmed and out of my element. To be honest, I miss those times I could go out. It was a luxury I could choose to do before, and being able to go out at least once a week was enough to re-charge my social batteries and last me one more week.

Now that I rarely get to go out I end up missing those times when I can choose to just go out to either buy stuff or just cool down in the airconditioned malls of Metro Manila.

Not that I don't get to go out. I'm the one who can go out and buy supplies during this lockdown. The quarantine pass for our house is under my name, mainly because I'm the only who can drive and is within the age range of the quarantine pass. Though the age range has been updated already to allow senior citizens the chance to go out in the event that they don't have anyone to care for them.

Just yesterday I went out for some errands. Had to go buy meat at the meat shop, get some money for my mom, buy medicines for both my wife and dad, and buy other stuff for the house. I'm thankful that I had the chance to go out and decompress, even for just around two hours or so.

For those of you who've made it this far and are wondering, "What does the title have to do with his blog post? I see little to no connection." Well, you're right. I just made that the title because technically today is Palm Sunday in this year, 2020.

Out.