Friday, April 03, 2020

[840] Updates

Once this Sunday (April 5, 2020) rolls around it will have been three weeks since the quarantine was implemented. For my wife, daughter, and I it will have been four weeks.

Why four weeks? Well, school was suspended one week before the Metro Manila quarantine, which was started on the 15th of March 2020. So my wife, who is a teacher, and my daughter have spent over a month already stuck at home.

We've been adjusting to what's been happening. What is important is that none of us get sick with Covid-19, specially my parents. We've been finding a lot of delivery services for our essential needs (food and some groceries) but we will be needing to go out again for more important stuff like medicine.

Last Saturday, March 28, I was able to go to Paseo de Magallanes to withdraw money from the ATM. It felt good to go out and rid myself of a little bit of the cabin fever I've been having. I passed through a few checkpoints, both private and government, and was able to do my errands easily.

My one big mistake when I left was I did not check the tire pressure of the Rav4. It was waaaaaay under-inflated. Like 15psi or less per tire. Unfortunately I don't think the electric air pump in the car was working so I had to manually pump three of the four tires (the last one was holding steady at 32psi) for most of the morning. I was using a hand pump and I had to inflate one tire at a time then let the pump cool down. It was quite a work out.

I don't know how long this quarantine will last, and I am hoping that we can reduce the amount of deaths happening now because of Covid-19. The best thing I can do to help the brave frontliners is to stay at home, keep a positive attitude, and observe proper disinfecting if I do go out for essential item runs.

Out.