Saturday, January 11, 2020

[830] Intermittent Fasting Update

I started intermittent fasting during the last days of June 2019. The reason I gave it a shot was because my weight had slowly risen to 99kg. To give a bit of context, before 2017 I was averaging maybe around 105kg. After some life-altering events in 2017 I started walking and got my weight down to maybe 97kg in 2018. I promised to keep myself below 100kg and hopefully even reach 90kg.

That never happened. I disliked dieting and during the "winter" months was too lazy to regularly go walking. Plus my eating was still relatively out of control. I love to eat, and I've posted about it so many times.

Until that fateful day in 2019 when I saw I was borderline 100kg. I decided enough was enough and impulsively chose to do intermittent fasting. None of the gradual, start at 14 hours and ease my way up fastings. I did 16 hour fasts every other day. I noticed I did lose weight and that was great.

Pretty soon I went below 95kg. I think that was around September or so. By that time I had gotten used to IF that I was doing it almost everyday. I had gotten an app for my phone to help track my fasts. And I was doing portion control for my rice more religiously.

2020 has started and I am proud to say I am hovering between 90kg and 91kg. This is even after the holidays when I did eat a lot more than I'm used to. I'm happy to say I was able to maintain my weight.

I never really had a serious goal for my IF. I just wanted to change my lifestyle and see where that would take me, and it has taken me to this. I'm also partially motivated to start losing more, but as usual I will not be setting a target weight. I'll just keep trying to improve my lifestyle and hopefully the results will arrive. If it doesn't, no worries.

I just don't want to go over 93kg anymore. That's my cap for myself. Maybe I can lower the cap if I lose more weight, but I will not pressure myself.

Out.