Tuesday, July 16, 2019

[816] Motivation?

I have to get this off my chest. I will try to be as vague as possible with the details. Also this is from what I understood based on accounts of others.

A few weeks ago some kid apparently told my daughter that he didn't believe she had Netflix at home because she was, and I quote, "poor." Good thing my daughter was mature enough to say she didn't care what he thought, but it basically upset me.

That kid is basically a rich spoiled brat. He was lucky enough to be born to parents who earn really fucking great in this country. They can afford to be in debt paying off car loans and housing loans. I can't even afford to be in debt.

It pissed me off a lot. It still does. I have friends who are way better off financially than me, or the family of that kid, and they never, ever said anything to demean me because of my financial standing. They treated me with respect and as an equal. In fact I would even proudly say that those friends of mine treat me like a brother from another mother. An immature brother, though that's for another post.

As I've grown I've learned to prioritize things in life. My priority now is to give the best possible education to my daughter. And yes there are so many luxuries I have decided to sacrifice just to give this education to her. And to hear this little asshole call my daughter poor really stings me. No, don't give me the argument of, "he's just a kid, he didn't mean anything." Bullshit. Kids speak their minds and they say what is in their hearts. If that little shit had a heart. I may eventually forgive him, but I will never forget what he said.

I will still do my best to provide the best education and upbringing I can give my daughter. With the help of my wife we will teach our daughter to be strong, independent, compassionate, smart, and kind. I will also teach my daughter not to take shit from anyone.

No matter how rich you are in life it does not give you the excuse to belittle people who aren't as well off as you. This world needs more compassion, it does not need arrogant little shits who will just make this world a worse place.

Out.