Thursday, July 04, 2019

[814] Birthday Wishes 2019

As I commonly do when my birthday comes up I like to post some wishes. I don't know if I've done this before but I'll be posting some non-material stuff. So without further ado...


  • Strength of will and peace of mind. I used to pray everyday this. I never got it. So I've been trying to achieve this on my own. And no, I'm not turning this into one of those religious "your greater being has helped you because you helped yourself." I stopped believing in that years ago. You want something you do something to get it.
  • Happiness and kindness. Who doesn't want to be happy right? As for kindness, I want to be the kind of person who other people will consider as a kind person, not as a person who acts kind.
Anyway enough of the serious stuff. On to the greedy stuff.

  • A classic Volkswagen Beetle and the tools I need to work on it. I still dream of owning one.
  • A nice two-bedroom condominium unit and two parking slots in a good place in Makati. Somewhere near both where my wife works and where my daughter goes to school. So in case of bad weather they don't have to travel far to get home.
  • A pair of Puma Clyde Court Disrupt basketball shoes.
  • A Dean MLX Floyd electric guitar. And to go with this a nice, small Marshall amp to plug it in to.
And that's it, I guess. Honestly I'm not really wishing for anything material, just the serious ones. I've been realizing a lot of stuff and I've been doing a lot of growing up these past few years. My maturity is almost reaching the maturity of a 23-year old while my body is nearing 39.

Life goes on.


Out.