Tuesday, July 03, 2018

[777] My Take on the Current NBA

So yesterday (Manila time) I found out Bron was signing with the Lakers. Today I find out Boogie Cousins is signing with Golden State.

Basically Golden State might be stronger than last year. Once Boogie is cleared to play and gets in relative game shape, the Warriors might be unbeatable.

I'm actually happy that the players now have control of where they want to play. Does it suck that one team gets stronger while other teams don't? Yes. However, players have earned their right to choose where they want to play. Who wants to play for a dysfunctional team, right?

Anyway to be honest I've lost interest in rooting for any specific player or team. I guess the Knicks still have a place in my heart (don't ask me why, maybe because of the Sprewell era). I stopped rooting for Sacramento when they drafted Bagley (don't get me wrong, I want to see him succeed, I just wanted the Kings to draft Doncic).

I'm interested to see what happens this coming season. Will Golden State beat their record of 73 wins? Will LeBron's finals streak come to an end? Will the East field any legitimate contenders for the championship? Will Boogie come back to form from his Achilles injury?

Finally, I don't think Golden State did anything wrong. I think they are setting a standard that other teams should strive for. Instead of wishing they get worse, I just wish other teams would get better. Raise the game and everyone benefits.

Out.