Wednesday, June 13, 2018

[774] Not Another Birthday Wish List

In less than one month I'll be having my 38th birthday. And as is usually the case around these times I'll be posting yet another birthday wish list.

As I grow older and look back on past wish lists I can see the changes happening in my way of thinking and my priorities. Doing a quick search on my blog and I can see I really wasn't that much into fantastic things to wish for.

Things have changed greatly this year, though. Stuff happened that I did not want to happen. There were things in my life, as well as my wife and daughter's lives, that we were hoping would happen to us that were changed because of certain things we cannot control.

Anyway, without further ado, here is my 2018 birthday wish list.

  1. Money. Greed is good. Specially with what's happening now. I'd rather not talk about it. I just wish I could just one day receive a huge amount of money. I could take care of our problems, buy a decent sized condo near Makati, fix or replace the Rav4, and invest for our future.
That's it. That's all I want. A huge amount of money. Money solves all problems. It's also the root of most problems, but having a huge amount of money will help solve it. It probably won't buy me happiness, but I do know it will make help me sleep better at night. Just knowing I have the funds to take care of stuff that's beyond my control.

This 38th birthday of mine will be interesting. I was about to type "the worst birthday in a while" but to be honest, it won't. I'm having a lot of problems now and I'm doing my best to persevere and push through. Negativity will be there, but I'm fighting. I'm doing it right now, fighing my "woe is me" attitude.

Out.