Monday, June 11, 2018

[773] RIP Anthony Bourdain

I found out last Friday evening local time that Anthony Bourdain had passed away. That would be June 8, 2018.

I was devastated upon hearing the news. I had read his book "Kitchen Confidential" and also watched his old shows, "A Cook's Tour" and "No Reservations." I enjoyed watching his shows because he gave a breath of fresh air to the typical food shows I watched. He was showing me a different perspective.

He made me want to cook more. Watching his shows and reading his book showed me what it was really like to be a chef. It shattered whatever illusions I had about being a chef. But at the same time, it made me love food and cooking even more.

It just pains me that he decided to end his life. I hope that he finds peace from whatever problems that he had. And I do hope that people do not forget the impact that he gave us on our lives.


Rest in peace, Anthony Bourdain. Thank you for everything.

Out.