Monday, July 11, 2016

[731] On the Eve of my Birthday

On the eve of my 36th (yes! amazing how time flies) birthday I only have one wish. Higher salary.

This may seem contrary to what I usually preach to others about being happy with what you have. Except I am happy with what I am currently earning, except I now know that it isn't enough to give my family what I know they deserve.

This mindset might seem similar to my mindset around 2011 - 2013 but trust me, it isn't. Before I used to want, or need, a higher salary. Because I wanted a higher salary. And that is what drove me to my burnout. My reasons for wanting the salary were shallow.

I want a higher salary now because like I said two paragraphs ago, I want to give my family what they deserve. And I cannot do that completely with what I am earning now. I will be compromising the things I can provide.

Does this mean I will burn myself out trying to earn what I want? No. I now know the value of money, and the importance of budgeting finances. I also know that no matter how hard I save for my daughter's future it will directly affect how much I can contribute to my household. So basically do I sacrifice the quality of education I should be giving my daughter so we can live comfortably? No. Do I sacrifice how we live to give my daughter the best education possible? Sort of. Do I need to do that? No.

I will be doing whatever I can to provide a better life to my family. And this includes looking for the best way to earn or make money for my family.

If you want a rough estimate of how much would tide me over for maybe one or two years, I would like to be able to take home about  a month. That would be great.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)