Friday, July 08, 2016

[730] My (Almost) Annual Birthday Wishlist

It's that time of the year again when my birthday nears and I start daydreaming for stuff I want. I may not be able to do this post every year but I guess since it's 0447 hours (GMT +8) and I have no work today I thought I would do a birthday wishlist. So here we go!


  1. A new laptop. I've actually narrowed it down to two laptops: Dell's Inspiron with no optical drive but better video card or ASUS' ROG with an optical drive but a 'weaker' video card. The Dell laptop has the lead because I have heard favorable stuff about Dell from people more knowledgeable about laptops than me. And because I already have an existing external optical drive I bought when my current laptop's optical drive died.
  2. LeBron Ambassador 8 basketball shoes. I saw this once in the mall and I was smitten by it. It looked good, the price was reasonable (compared to the main shoe LeBron wears), and it was an 'outdoor' shoe meaning it is designed to be used on concrete courts and not exclusively for hardwood courts. Three things prevented me from buying it then: 1. I already had a pair of basketball shoes (adidas D. Rose Englewood 3); 2. I wasn't a big LeBron fan that I had to have his shoe (though I keep reading how great his shoes are for guys who play forward); and 3. I am trying to live a simple lifestyle so I don't need too many shoes.
  3. One or two pairs of Old Navy jeans. Yes a specific brand. The most recent pair of jeans I bought was a set of loose fitting jeans from Old Navy. They are great. I wasn't able to buy another pair simply because they ran out of my size in the other colors. So all I have is one pair of dark blue Old Navy jeans. They had faded blue jeans too and I hope to one day find a pair my size.
  4. Lego Architecture Studio. Yes this is still to expensive to buy here in the Philippines. I was holding onto one in Japan I could have bought for cheaper but I decided not to since I was planning on buying a new iPad at the time.
  5. A Playstation 4. Yes I still remain loyal to Sony despite Forza 6. Also because There is a new Gran Tursimo game that will come out in PS4. At least I think it will come out in PS4.
And that's it. You may be wondering where those other, more 'far out' wishes are. Why bother to include them? Everyone knows I want a place of my own and two cars. But I also know I can't afford to maintain those myself.

I guess the biggest wish I want to have on my birthday is a job that will pay me enough that I can take care of my family and my parents, be able to have enough spending money to buy some 'luxuries,' and most importantly be able to put aside enough money for my retirement. If I can get this then all my other wishes can come true.

And don't lecture me that I have to learn how to budget my money. I have learned and I am applying what I learned. I just know for a fact that I am not making enough.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)