Monday, November 16, 2015

[702] JDM Styling

It was a very good thing I worked in the automotive industry for a little over a year. I met a lot of wonderful people, learned a lot of new things about cars, and my love of cars grew by leaps and bounds.

Even my taste in cars changed. I used to joke I was a "ricer" meaning I liked Japanese cars with fart cans and loud colors. I still sorta do, but I like them tastefully done. What I wasn't expecting was that I'd be more of a "JDM" guy.

What exactly is JDM? I think it stands for Japanese Domestic Market. It also stands for the Japanese styling of cars. I specifically like the old school JDM styling -- black fender flares with fender mounted side-mirrors and RS Watanabe rims. That's the look I like.

I'm not really a big fan of stanced cars, but I see the beauty in it. Neither am I a fan of "bosozoku", but I can understand where those fans are coming from.

I've been obsessing over that kind of design that I've tried doodling a couple of cars with that kind of styling. I tried it out on a classic VW Beetle without the fender flares since technically the fenders are flares. I tried it on a 2015 Hilux, and also on my favorite Ferrari, the 512bb.


It sort of looks good, since I designed it. I just hope that eventually I'll be able to afford to do a JDM-styled vehicle for whatever ride I might own.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)