Sunday, July 20, 2014

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

I've changed a lot in the past year. I think I'm more aware of my shortcomings, and I'm also a bit more optimistic than I was.

That doesn't mean it always goes that way.

A recent turn of interesting events has caused me to dive deep back into my negative, pessimistic, time-to-give-up attitude. My old, "Why does this have to happen to me?" thinking quickly surfaced last night. Fortunately it happened extremely late, and I was able to sleep after an hour or so of fretting.

My fretting was basically justified. I'd rather not talk about it online, as always. Let's just say there were equal parts Typhoon Glenda (international name 'Rammasun') aftermath, animal foreshadowing, and personal issues.

Okay, so the personal issues were unjustified. The first two were extremely justified, though. And contributed greatly to my sour disposition upon waking up this morning.

Still, life goes on and things seem to be heading toward a more positive swing. I've taken steps to make sure that the animal foreshadowing incident from last night might be averted. So we'll see.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)