Sunday, July 20, 2014

Quick Amateur Review - Yakiniku Sakura

Kakiage Soba Meal
My only pic of the place, my kakiage soba set meal
Today I treated my wife's family (parents, some siblings, some siblings' kids) for my birthday lunch. At the suggestion of my father-in-law, we ate at Yakiniku Sakura located along Pasay Road, near the new Park Square parking.

The place looks old. Maybe because it is old. If you've ever watched a Restaurant Makeover or a Restaurant Impossible episde, the place reminded me of that. It was sort of dark, and the decor was really old.

The food was relatively cheap. You'd probably spend about Php300 - Php450 per meal, depending on the order. Also apparently during lunch they have select dishes that they offer as a set meal. You get rice, pickled veggies, some sashimi slices (depending on the main dish), miso soup, and some fruits for dessert.

I was too hungry to take pictures of the other dishes, but rest assured the set meals were definitely bang for the buck. Just take a look at my order, a kakiage soba set meal.

Taste-wise the food was good. It was typical Filipino-Japanese fare, meaning it tastes good for the Filipino palette palate (edit 20140721 - wrong spelling), I guess. Maybe I'm underrating it. I enjoyed my dish. It was definitely worth the Php270 I paid for it.

Would I recommend eating there? Sure, as long as you're not the type of person who cares too much about ambiance. There's a reason why the place has been open for all this time, and to be honest I want to discover more of the food offerings they have.

I'll definitely do my best to try and eat there again.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)