Sunday, May 18, 2014

308 - 311/365 - Bittersweet Week

308/365 - Acetate on my CTH-480
My cheap tablet protector - cut up acetate
309/365 - Farewell Kobe V
Giving away my Kobe Vs
310/365 - Bittersweet Reunion
(L to R): Ben, Chuchay, Pines, Karl, and myself
311/365 - My Room's Guardian
This Sto. Niño has been guarding my room since I was a baby
It has been a very bittersweet week. There were high highs, and there were low lows. I'd rather not talk about the really personal ones. Something about letting the internet know my deepest thoughts might cost me potential employment. So I will just focus on one bittersweet topic.

Last Saturday, May 17, 2014, I met up with Karl and Jona for a farewell reunion. They are finally migrating to Canada sometime this month. This was one of the last chances I have to see them. Little did they know that fate had other plans for our mini-reunion.

I had told Ben last Monday or Tuesday that Karl and family were leaving. He was also surprised since Karl apparently forgot to tell both of us his plans. Anyway, I informed Ben that I'd be meeting up with Karl this Saturday. One or two days later Ben tells me that he's coming to Manila with his wife and daughter. On Saturday. Perfect.

I told him not to tell Karl that he was coming here. And thus I set up a surprise reunion in SM Mall of Asia. I was sort of surprised I pulled it off. Karl and Jona were caught unaware, but were very happy and surprised when Ben showed up.

Long story short, we had a great time. I will be honest though, I've been feeling down too. I've known Karl for 10 years, and I was one of the best men in his wedding. The other? Ben. We've been best buds since first or second year college (third or fourth for me since I transferred to AdeNU).

I guess this is what it feels like when you know one of your friends is going away and you possibly won't be seeing him for a long time. I saw a similar scenario play out a few years ago when one of my other good friends, Third, left for Australia. Chito was his best friend and I could see the pain and happiness in his body language the day Third left.

Now it's my turn to experience it.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)