Wednesday, May 14, 2014

305, 306, 307 - Time

305/365 - My new Set-up
Getting acquainted with my CTH-480
306/365 - Unloading at 11pm
Unloading shipments at 11pm
307/365 - Time
What time is it???
One of the greatest mistakes I made up to last year was putting too much worth in money. Yes, everyone needs money to make ends meet and to get whatever things one wants. I put too much stock in money, and it caused me a lot of grief.

I'm not saying I don't want money. I still want lots of it. Now though my perspective has changed somewhat, and I have a healthier outlook on the value of money. I also realized there is something more valuable than money (that isn't family) -- time.

You can't go back in time, you can't change what you've done in the past. So now I value my time more than my money. I have no qualms anymore of going on an unpaid leave (because I'm still not regular at work and I won't be getting any paid leaves until God knows when). I'd rather miss a day's pay but spend it with my wife and/or daughter. And I'm happier now than before.

When I was earning more before I was so uptight about unpaid leaves and under time. I never wanted to do any of the two because I thought it was, in Filipino, "sayang" if I didn't get a full day's pay. So yes, I did sometimes skip out on some activities of my daughter in school.

Now that I'm older and wiser, and my perspective has changed, I am doing the best that I can to make up for lost time. So if I start earning less because I'd rather be with my daughter, then so be it.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to play with Martina before getting ready for work.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)