Thursday, June 13, 2013

2013 Birthday Wishlist 2.0 - The Automotive Edition

So I've already written a v1.0 of my 2013 birthday wishlist. Now it's time for another wishlist, this time an automotive edition. No, I won't be asking for cars. I'll be asking for stuff to upgrade and fix my current daily driver - my mother's 2001 Rav4. And I'll be as generic as possible. I may like cars, but I haven't done enough research to be very specific with this wishlist.

So here we go, starting with what I really want the most to what I "least" want.

  1. Brighter, all-weather headlamp bulbs and fog lamps. You know what I mean. Instead of your standard halogen beams you'll be getting a more yellow beam. They say it improves contrast at night. Our old Lite Ace originally had yellow bulbs but either the wattage was too low or I wasn't that good a driver yet. But I always, always had a hard time at night with it. Hence my request for brighter bulbs. Instead of your standard 50/60 watt bulbs, I want something a bit brighter. But not 90/100 watt bulbs. That would be too bright and blinding to oncoming traffic.
  2. Clear tint for all windows. I want the clear tint that blocks out heat but keeps visibility great.
  3. New head unit for the sound system. And a new antenna. No more of those "gimmicky" rubber antennas. I'd rather go back to the classic metal antennas that you can pull up or push down.
  4. New power window motor. One of the power windows in the rear isn't working anymore. I'd love to have it fixed again just because I hate having anything broken in the car.
And that's it. I could start posting about outrageous things I'd want for the car (like a hood scoop from a diesel Rav4 of same make, or nice 18" rims, new big brake kits, or even improved intake and exhaust systems) but really, with the way I drive and my practicality, I'll be happy if I get one of those things above.

Out.