Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Affordable Wishlist

A few days ago I posted my Christmas wishlist. It's nearly impossible for me to get those things I wished for (unless some local multi-millionaire or billionaire reads my blog and gives me one of the things I wanted - no strings attached). This time, it's my affordable Christmas wishlist.
  • At least one pack of Hanes briefs.Why this specific brand? It started a few years ago when they ran their ad campaign saying you'll never get "bacon briefs" with their product. So I gave it a shot. And I've been very happy with this product since then. Although to be quite honest the garters do end up shriveling, but only because I had been using that pair for at least two years.
  • A couple of pairs of socks. For the affordable kind, I prefer Burlington socks. Either these sport socks or this other type, that I haven't tried out, called the Shock XT socks. Why this specific brand? Because they've been tried and tested personally and I enjoy their durability.
  • 16gb or 32gb flash drives. Because you never know when you might need them. On another note, it would also be great to have a 16gb microSD card with adapter. Because I'll never know if I'm going to end up with an android smartphone. And because I can use that microSD card with the adapter for my digital camera.
  • Any Nike basketball shorts with pockets. I still have a dream of having an all-Nike shorts cabinet. Why? Because I can wear them as pajamas, use them in the house, or wear them when I go out. I already have four but I don't want to ruin them due to wear and tear.
  • A new bag. I know I have a lot of bags, but it's one of those things I like having many options to choose from. Either of these three bags from Pacsafe will do, a small-ish backpack, a bigger backpack, or this shoulder bag. I'm intrigued by Pacsafe because they're supposedly anti-theft. But nothing beats being vigilant and careful. I know this bullet point is more expensive than the previous ones, but it's still relatively affordable.
  • One or two Sony Dualshock3 PS3 controllers. So I can buy a few kid-friendly games that my wife and daughter can play with me.
And that's it. Those are the things that are part of my affordable wishlist.

They say it is better to give than to receive. And while I agree with that, there is nothing wrong with wishing for things too.

Out.