Monday, June 04, 2012

Vacation Reflection

A lot of stuff I learned, realized, or thought of during vacation. Strange how that happens. Usually a vacation is when you empty your mind of thoughts and just relax, but that's not how I roll. So here are some of the thoughts that passed through my head, and maybe a short explanation of each.

  • The Philippine North is such a beautiful place. From Isabela to Cagayan, Ilocos Norte and Sur, and even La Union, the sights to see were very beautiful and inspiring. Most of the cities and towns were clean and organized, and the density of people were considerably less than in Manila. Which brings me to...
  • The nearer you get to Metro Manila, the "shittier" things start to become. I kid you not. Drivers become ruder, litter increases, roads get worse, ugly buildings start replacing the beautiful rustic homes, I can rant all day long about this. And it's sad since we Filipinos have such a great place to live in, but it's also us who are making it ugly. Not just physically but also spiritually and even economically. So please, let's stop with the talangka mentality, and let's just all work together to make this country something we can ALL be proud of.
  • I would love to road trip driving a classic VW Beetle, but it won't likely happen. Lots of reasons. First, lack of aircon (that can easily be fixed with a few mods to the car). Second, lack of funds to buy one and fix it up. Third, Lack of trunk space. Fourth, lack of people who'd want to actually road trip with me on a classic VW Beetle.
  • There are good people everywhere who want to help make this country a better place. You just have to find them and help them out. I'm off to start looking for these sort of people.
  • It's easier said than done. Try as I might to be a positive person, it still is very hard for me to actually be positive. The thoughts of negativity are still there. But it can be done, I can be positive I just need conscious effort on my part to actually correct all of my faults.
Well, that's it for now. I don't want to bore you with everything I thought of during vacation. Just some of the more important ones.


Out.