Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Reaction to the Pacquiao-Bradley Fight

Last Sunday, Philippine time, Manny Pacquiao lost in a split decision to Timothy Bradley via split decision. Some say it was highway robbery, that Pacquiao should have won. Some conspiracy theorists believe they made Pacman lose so that the rematch would earn more. I really could care less.


Now, I'm not a boxing fan. I'm not even a hardcore Pacqiuao fan. But what I am is a Filipino, and I was proud of how our Pambansang Kamao (National Fist) handled everything after the match.


There was no complaining from him. He accepted the decision, and that was it. At least, as far as I know. He was gracious in defeat, and that really impressed me. Manny Pacquiao was not a sore loser, and for that I am proud of him, how he handled himself, and proud that Filipinos can be like that.


If there is any example we can take from the boxing superstar, it's how to handle defeat. Stop complaining, move on, and be a man.


Makes me prouder to be a Filipino.


Out.