Tuesday, March 06, 2012

On Temper

I have a nasty temper. I don't deny it, and I don't hide it.


It's been a problem of mine since I was a little boy, and up to now I have difficulty trying to control it. But I have made great steps to improve myself. Yes, there are times that it overwhelms me and I start ranting like a depraved lunatic. But nowadays it is harder to trigger that overwhelming feeling.


The best way to control it, I've discovered, is to try to stay calm. Counting is true, but not from one to ten. More like, keep counting until I calm down. I can also try to remember that I am almost thirty-two years old, and I shouldn't be getting so angry at so trivial a thing, whatever that thing may be.


I have a feeling this temper will be a lifelong battle, but unlike when I was younger, I now feel more capable than ever to control it. And if I can keep it up I will be more in control in the future.


Out.