Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Farewell to the Lite Ace

Our family's Lite Ace is gone.

No, we didn't sell it. Nothing negative happened. Last Tuesday my father drove the Lite Ace to his mother's house in the province and left it there, to be used when he visits my grandmother and when he goes to the province to do stuff related to his (and my mother's) future.

That car has been almost everywhere in Luzon. We've driven it to Pagudpod, Ilocos Norte, and we've taken it to Naga, Camarines Sur. I think it's been to Baguio, and it's been almost everywhere here in Metro Manila.

I got my driving chops using that car. And I even scraped the side of the car on the gate of the village going in. My dad was furious, and I was panicking. I did not have enough sense to step on the brakes. I guess he was expecting too much from someone who had been driving for a few weeks that time. Plus I had learned driving in a car from the driving school. A car whose wheels were in front of the driver. The Lite Ace had the wheel slightly behind the driver, and hence needed to turn later. It was a lesson I learned the hard way, and it was a lesson I would never forget.

I'm hoping to see that car again someday. Maybe when I visit my grandmother in the province. That's the best chance I can get to see it again.

Do I still want it back? Maybe, but to be quite honest it IS an old car. And the parts are getting harder to find. And the service center of Toyota isn't exactly the best in service. So maybe it's best that it was moved to the province, so I can slowly let go of it.

Thanks for the good times and the memories, Lite Ace.

Out.