Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hyundai Veloster

A couple of weeks ago while on our afternoon break at work, my officemates and I saw this orange Hyundai looking for parking along the sidewalks. It looked like a totally new model, and I was totally stumped on what it was.


A few days later while on the way to the airport to pick up my mom, I saw the same model car, same color, hell it could have been the very same car I saw a few days ago. This time I had the benefit of checking out it's rear and seeing it's name. The Hyundai Veloster.


Now why did I choose to link to the Car and Driver site? Simple, it was through that site that I found out that the Veloster has assymetrical doors. Something I did not notice when I saw it since I only saw the driver's side. Apparently The driver's side has only one door while the passenger side has a front and rear door. It's a quirky design, but it works for me. For one, most of the time the driver's side is away from the sidewalk, so it would make things safer for passengers to get in via the passenger's side. Something the Car and Driver article mentioned.


Now, I have no idea if Hyundai will sell this in the Philippines. I'm guessing the Veloster I saw was an import. If they do decide to sell it here, I hope it's relatively affordable. The technology seemed a bit too advanced for it to be priced in the "Toyota - Honda" price range, I fear it might get priced closer to the "BMW 1-Series" range, but I could be wrong.


Out.

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)