Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Favorite Cuisines

This blog post was inspired by my mother's own post in her blog, with a small twist. This will not be a top ten. I will be writing down my favorite kinds of cuisine around the world. Why? Because depending on my mood, something could be my number one favorite cuisine. Or it could be fifth. So allow me to introduce to you my favorite cuisines of the world.
  • Japanese. I always enjoy eating Japanese food. My current favorite Japanese food are katsu curry, hire tonkatsu, takoyaki, sushi, and sashimi. There's something about how they prepare the food, cook it, and present it that makes me very happy whenever I get to eat Japanese food.
  • Indian, Bangladeshi, Middle Eastern. Spicy food, but very good food. I became even more appreciative of this type of cuisine when I went to Bangladesh for two weeks a few years ago. I was immersed in all kinds of excellent food: chicken tikka, jalmuri (popped rice snack), chapatis, porotas, and of course curry. I'm just glad that there are good Indian and Middle Eastern restaurants in Metro Manila to satisfy my craving for this type of cuisine.
  • Italian. I spent a week or so in Italy and got a taste of real Italian food. I'd say I was in food heaven. The carbonaras, steaks, and crustinis I ate were all very tasty, very rich, and very filling.
  • Filipino. Being a Filipino I consider our cuisine comfort food. I don't even think I have to include this in this list because what kind of person would not like his/her own cuisine? I love adobo, longganisa, and bistek most.
  • American. Burgers, milk shakes, McDonalds, Wendys. All unhealthy. All evil. All good. 'Nuff said.
  • Singaporean. One of the best things about going to Singapore is eating at the hawker centers. I always enjoy their carrot cakes and Hainanese chicken rice.
  • Chinese. Barbecued Pork. Peking Duck. Dimsum. Fried noodles. Congee. There are more but I can't remember them right now.
  • Korean. There are a lot of Korean foods I enjoy. The red spicy paste who's name I forget, kimchee, bulgogi, pajeon, and bibimbap are some of the things I like eating.
  • Spanish. I love eating salpicao, paella, and Spanish tortilla. Plus I really want to try authentic tapas.
These cuisines I listed are my personal favorite cuisines. I'm pretty sure there are more cuisines I like, but I can't seem to remember them right now. All I can say is I can't wait to add more to this list. I'm always open minded when it comes to food.


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)