Friday, March 04, 2011

The Undertaker's Streak

So it seems as if Wrestlemania XXVII will feature a Triple H vs. The Undertaker match.


I don't know if this is going to be similar to what The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels did last year, The Streak vs. The Career. Obviously, Michaels lost and officially retired from active wrestling. Something that wasn't a gimmick either, where after spending time off (either to rest or to heal some major injury) Shawn Michaels would return. Because as of now, I haven't heard anything about him going back to wrestle.


So this new turn of events got me thinking about what would happen. I have two scenarios I can think of.

  • Scenario 1: Triple H loses and retires for good. Taker keeps his streak alive and all is well in the world. This is a likely scenario because from what I've read in a few wrestling websites, Triple H already has an office in WWE's headquarters. Meaning he already has a front office job he's doing. This could end up being Triple H's farewell match, similar to what Shawn Michaels did last year. He could put up one hell of a match against Taker, lose, retire, and focus on moving on to the next part of his wrestling career. A more behind-the-scenes career but one that will still involve him with wrestling.
  • Scenario 2: Taker loses. He suddenly announces his retirement and moves on to a post-wrestling career. I read somewhere before that if you are leaving a company as a show of gratitude you lose your last match.
Here's what bothers me about the second scenario. Taker's loyal to the WWE. He never left since he moved there, and he's been a good employee all these years. Heck, the (supposed) reason why his schedule is so light is because WWE considers this is a way of thanking him for all his years of loyalty.

The Undertaker is such a good employee, and so passionate about wrestling that I don't think he'd even think twice about finally losing in Wrestlemania. I've read it in wrestling websites and in wrestler's autobiographies. The Undertaker is that professional.

I think it would be unfair if he does lose in Wrestlemania. The WWE should let Taker retire unbeaten in Wrestlemania. I honestly think they owe it to the guy. Plus I also don't think Triple H would ask Taker to lose. At least, I hope he wouldn't.

I honestly think Triple H will lose to The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and then retire graciously and move on to other responsibilities.

And I honestly think The Undertaker should retire undefeated in Wrestlemania. Let him make his gracious exit in some other match.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)