Wednesday, December 29, 2010

More Ramblings

By now you pretty much know that I'm quite obsessed with Top Gear's Polar Hilux.

Well I've been doing a lot of car watching when I'm outside and I'm sort of worried that putting those huge and wide wheels on a stock Hilux will make it almost undriveable on Manila's crowded streets.

Why? It might get too wide. Yes there are Expeditions here, and the occasional H2s and H3s, you can even throw in a Navigator or three once in a while. All those vehicles are wide. And annoying, since most of the people who own them let drivers drive them. And these drivers tend to be jackasses who think they own the road. I'm not surprised why, since those cars are damn expensive and only politicians or rich jackasses buy them.

I don't want to be thrown into the same category as those jackasses. So I guess one big compromise I'd have to make if I do get the funding to buy a Hilux and set it up is to not make the wheels and fender flares as wide as the Top Gear's Hilux.

Problem solved.

Next problem? Safety. Not airbag safety. Kidnap / carnap safety. Having a very unique looking vehicle might end up as a beacon to criminals.

On the bright side I don't actually have a Hilux or money to buy a Hilux. So all I can do is dream.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)