Monday, March 29, 2010

Impatience

I'm too impatient. I want things to happen now. I want things to go my way now.

I have no problem about working for it, since I know you can't get what you want without hard work. Unless you cheat, but I wasn't raised a cheater.

I guess one of the reasons why I'm so frustrated is that when I look at some of my friends, and compare where they are to where I am, I can see that I am so far behind. At least in my eyes. Yes, I am somewhat envious of their situations. They have they're own places, they have they're own vehicles.

I'm renting a condo. If my wife and I need wheels, I have to borrow my mother's car. Nothing wrong with that, to be quite honest. It's just that I want to be able to have those "luxuries" (for lack of a better word) soon.

I do realize that my wife and I currently don't have the capability to either buy our own place or get our own car. This is the reason why I will work hard until around the middle of the year before I start making decisions regarding this.

I have to be patient. See what happens at my current work and if I'll get what I'm hoping for (a raise, obviously). If I don't get what I'm hoping for, I guess that's the time I have to reassess things and create a new plan.

This does not mean I'm not doing anything now. It's just that I'm forcing myself to be patient. I have to give the office one more chance before I start changing my plans. As of now I'm choosing my options wisely.

Nobody said this was going to be easy, but someone said this was going to be a challenge for me. Someone who knows what she's talking about. No, not my mother. But since then it's become abundantly clear that I have to work for what I want, and that nothing will be given to me.

Sad? In a way, yes. But if that's the hand I was dealt with I have no choice but to play it. Folding is not an option.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)