Sunday, November 11, 2007

Impulsiveness and Tangents

I am an impulsive person. There, I admit it.

I always was impulsive. I rarely get to do something that I planned unless someone else is involved in the planning.

So it was this weekend when I was planning to clean my small desk at home. It was supposed to happen yesterday, a Saturday. Instead Saturday flew by and my desk is still all cluttered.

Today I was just going to bum around and relax some more. Instead since I couldn't sleep this afternoon I suddenly cleaned out another part of my room. Some small shelves that amazingly can still support all the stuff on it. I removed some old magazines which I consider not worth keeping, and found some other stuff I thought I had lost.

Plus I managed to removed a huge pile of dust under the shelf. And that was not planned.

Despite the fact that my room is still a mess, one part of it is cleaner. Next week I hope I get another impulsive attack and clean the desk.

The biggest problem with my room is that I lack space.

Speaking of space, I stayed in another onsen hotel in Japan. My mother's friend, Abe-san, took myself and my folks out of Tokyo for another trip to an onsen. Damn, the room there really impresses me. You can only wear shoes at the entrance. Then it's all barefoot since the room is covered in tatami mats. I'd like to have that for a room when I move into my own place. Have a small area you can leave your shoes / footwear in. Then go barefoot inside the room. Less dirt is tracked in plus it would probably be easier to clean.

In fact I've got the design already stored inside my head.

Now my only problem is finding my own place. Which won't happen anytime soon with what I'm earning right now.

Speaking of which... (I assume you're already getting an idea as to why this post was entitled this way?)

Ah, money. It's not a want anymore, it's a need. You can't get your needs if you don't have the money, hence it's a need.

And if you want to improve the way you live you can't do that without money. And I'm not talking spiritual way of living (though I won't be surprised if you get a spiritual advisor who would charge you for his / her guidance, you know what I'm saying?).

Anyway I'd rather end this hear before I write something I might soon regret.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)