Saturday, November 10, 2007

Crank Dat

I was looking at some toys in a shop in Akihabara when I was in Japan when out of the blue "Crank Dat" started playing. And out of instinct I started bopping to the beat. Don't ask me how I came to know the dance step...

Actually it's because of a video I saw online about the Golden State Warriors during their recent 2007 training camp. The same song played on the PA and Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington and Baron Davis started dancing. If you look at Al Harrington that's how I was moving (albeit more awkwardly and stupid looking) while I was inside the shop. It's around 30 seconds into the clip.



And that's how it was. The reasons why I probably started dancing were beacuse a) I wasn't going back to that shop anytime soon seeing as how I live in the Philippines, and b) I'd always wanted to try out that dance step while I was actually standing up and moving around. Pretty fun, actually.

Now that I think about it, I hope that store didn't have any security cameras, because if they did then I just gave the security guards a few seconds worth of laughs. Oh well.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)